How does it work?

I mean. Compiling PHP. What is the point of compiling php through source, through cpanel and then through the web admin interface?

What exactly should I be configuring in each. I tried making a php-source config with all the dependencies I need and now the database doesn't work. Last time I made it work by just doing a few dependencies, but then the gd and all those things didn't work. I did include it on the web admin interface and the cpanel interface but not on the source.

How does it work? What is the point of doing so many php compilations. Why not just all on 1? It's just dumb in my opinion, unless it has to be done that way for a reason...

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Our PHP build interface build the lsphp binary for you, but it cannot install required libraries for you.

The cPanel build has nothing to do with lsphp, but cPanel's script is pretty good at resolve dependency, if you build php through cPanel, it will installed all libraries required, so you do not need to resolve this by yourself. For average user it is recommended. Just takes some time. So, it is recommended to build the exact same PHP version with exact same configuration parameter in cPanel first.

If you are comfortable with resolving all dependencies by yourself, you don't have to build PHP through cPanel.

cPanel won't build our lsphp binary, we hope it could. We may be able to work something out in the future. You can also ask cPanel to provide this function as well.

Our PHP build interface build the lsphp binary for you, but it cannot install required libraries for you.

The cPanel build has nothing to do with lsphp, but cPanel's script is pretty good at resolve dependency, if you build php through cPanel, it will installed all libraries required, so you do not need to resolve this by yourself. For average user it is recommended. Just takes some time. So, it is recommended to build the exact same PHP version with exact same configuration parameter in cPanel first.

If you are comfortable with resolving all dependencies by yourself, you don't have to build PHP through cPanel.

cPanel won't build our lsphp binary, we hope it could. We may be able to work something out in the future. You can also ask cPanel to provide this function as well.
So I can for example build with all the dependencies with cPanel and then just set the ones I want for the lsphp binary?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I recommend that the configuration for those two match each other.

Just use the configuration parameter from Apache phpinfo() page to build lsphp.