Image Optimization

Discussion in 'General' started by Bobby, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Bobby

Bobby Member

Hey all!
    We're having some trouble with the new image optimization in the LS cache module.
    At first, I was getting CURL timeouts which suggests a firewall issue. What port does it make the calls on?
    Now it's saying that we can't make another call for 23 hours, which I assume is a method to keep the imaging server from being overloaded.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

steveplab likes this.
  2. Even i am getting "Failed to push to LiteSpeed server: Next available request time: 2 hours and 50 seconds left" This is the third day we tried and still getting the same.

3. Unique_Eric

Unique_Eric Administrator Staff Member

Hi Bobby,
    It's weird about timeout after push images. Is there any error log can be found from Debug log?
    Protocol is running on HTTP/HTTPS, not any other special port.

Hi Peeyoosh,
    Does your key update success?
    If error reach to the limit, may need to reset by LiteSpeedtech manually. May I ask have you use any other image optimize plugin before?
    Please provide domain or key here or send a ticket to LiteSpeed. thanks

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  4. Hello @Unique_Eric :
    Yes the key update with success. Domain is
    Code:
    https://www.petoxy.com
    Although i was able to push and pull 100 images post optimization it shows status as success for images optimized but i am unaware which images have been optimized as i have 987 images in total. I tried looking in first 100 and last 100 in the media gallery but those were not showing option for recovering so i assumed they are not optimized.

Also after the 100 image optimizations, again it shows 24 hour bracket to go for next optimization. So do we get to optimize only 100 images in one go or how?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2017
  5. Unique_Eric

Hi Peeyoosh,
    I think I know the reason. Generally you upload a image to Wordpress, there will generate different size images e.g. 100x100, 150x150..etc. LSCache image optimize will call all sizes of this image as 1 group(around 6 images). Now, due to server load too high, they limit push and pull 100 groups(600 images) per 24 hours. So, you may need to pull every day until all image optimized.
    P.S. Your folder may have 987*6= 5922 images actually

6. Hello @Unique_Eric : But how to find which images got optimized as going through 987 images would take long time.

7. Jon K

Jon K Administrator Staff Member

You can try something like
    Code:
    find /path/to/wordpress -name *.webp
    from console to see which ones have been so far.

8. bestia

bestia New Member

Hi all !
    The biggest problem with my site is that the image size is too large, which results in the download speed being affected. Please suggest me the most powerful image compression plugin that retains the quality of the image. Thank you!
    Cheers, Bestia

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2018
  9. steveplab

steveplab New Member

You there are multiple image compressing plugins right now in repository. Autoptimize, WP SmushIt etc. are some of the plugins I am using right now. Hope you are cleared now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2018
  10. Unique_Eric

Thanks for the suggestion.
    We keep improving our image optimize function and now the internal is shorter already.