Issue with symbolic links?

Is there an issue with symlinks in the latest version (3.0.3) of Litespeed ? For some reason when I try to add a new virtual host under the EasyRailsWithSuEXEC template, it gives me the following error:

Code:
Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: Stat failed for /home/www/rails/my_app/current (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /opt/lsws/admin/html.3.0.3/classes/ConfValidation.php on line 571
and on top of the VH input:

Code:
*path /home/www/rails/my_app/current does not exist. Please create manually.
the path : /home/www/rails/my_app/current points to a symlink created by capistrano, this worked with previous versions of LS and now for some odd reason it doesn't seem to work.

It works fine when I point the VH to a standard directory. I thought it was a permissions issues so I checked the permissions and I even chmod 755 -R on the whole directory just to make sure and it still didn't even work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Vann

I just set 755 permissions on all directories and the symlink in there and it is still giving me those issues. Think I should just downgrade?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can try downgrade, but I think it will not help.
It still looks like a permission issue to me, you can try something like
Code:
sudo -u <user_lshttpd_run_as> ls /home/www/rails/my_app/current
See what do you get.:)

I Figured out the problem, I had set my deploy_to path in my cap recipe to a symlink'd path within my user path that I use when logged in via ssh. So when trying to 'ls' on the deployed path with the lsws_user it would deny permission, I simply changed the deployed path to the absolute path without any symlinks involved and it worked! Thanks for your help anyways I really appreciated it.