Joomla Login Module disappears (and every ESI module)

Hi

Great job with litespeed. Congratulations

But in a multilanguage joomla, last version, when I activate "ESI feature", the Login Module automatically disappears from the frontend

And Yes, it is enabled "Render Login Module as ESI" ;-)

In addition, any other module that I set to "render as ESI" also disappears from the frontend.

Any ideas or solutions?

thanks

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
please make sure you use LiteSpeed Enterprise, not OLS. Also need to make sure joomla gzip in Joomla Global Setting disabled.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Just a question, can I know if I am using LiteSpeed Enterprise or OpenLiteSpeed? or I must ask my hosting provider?

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you should.
If you use VPS and manage server yourself, you can easily find by checking : cat /usr/local/lsws/VERSION

This seems to be related to the another similar issue that I found out, which is the fact that Modules that are set to NOT be displayed at all under certain conditions, won't cache correctly.

Exact steps to reproduce the issue:

- For example, set a Module to only be displayed for Access Level "Registered" users. So this means that module normally will NOT display at ALL for Guest users under normal conditions.
- Enable Litespeed Cache
- Enable Litespeed Cache for Logged-in Users
- Set the above Module to Render as ESI - Private Type. This means the module should be cached privately for each user/visitor.

Now:
- First visit a specific page as logged-in. The module will display fine. (which is ok!)
- Now visit the same page as logged-out. The module will still display (but is shouldn't display, because it's set to only be displayed for the Registered Access Level)

If you do the opposite:
- First Visit a specific page as logged-out. The module will not display. (which is ok!)
- Now visit the same page as logged-in. The module will still not display (but is should display, because it's set to be displayed for the Registered Access Level)

I also reported this issue in a ticket: #773935

This seems to be related to the another similar issue that I found out, which is the fact that Modules that are set to NOT be displayed at all under certain conditions, won't cache correctly.

Exact steps to reproduce the issue:

- For example, set a Module to only be displayed for Access Level "Registered" users. So this means that module normally will NOT display at ALL for Guest users under normal conditions.
- Enable Litespeed Cache
- Enable Litespeed Cache for Logged-in Users
- Set the above Module to Render as ESI - Private Type. This means the module should be cached privately for each user/visitor.

Now:
- First visit a specific page as logged-in. The module will display fine. (which is ok!)
- Now visit the same page as logged-out. The module will still display (but is shouldn't display, because it's set to only be displayed for the Registered Access Level)

If you do the opposite:
- First Visit a specific page as logged-out. The module will not display. (which is ok!)
- Now visit the same page as logged-in. The module will still not display (but is should display, because it's set to be displayed for the Registered Access Level)

I also reported this issue in a ticket: #773935
Hello, in my case simply any module that I set to "render as ESI" disappears from the frontend :(