large file uploads fail

i have memory limit post size max upload size all set plenty high (high enough to alow 12 gig vids) but uploading a 1.4 gig vid fails every time
i see absolutely no relevant errors or messages (that i can tell are relevant anyway)
i have debug logging on on high
this is a new server, i had litespeed on old server a well with the same issue.
i tried running the sites without litespeed (php_fcgi) and that caused all sorts of problems. (high cpu loads service temporarily unavailable and ram that would fill completely in 20 sec flat)
so i came back to litespeed cause always had great performance, but also always had this issue, that might be a timeout i can't find or some limit somewhere.
another odd symptom is, the % progress count often goes from 0% to 1% then back to 0% before progressing on

upload might fair at any time, from 4% 15% 75% or even seemingly just as it should finish.

edit; the site has an integrity check that also repairs and optimizes tables that also stops 1/2 way through
trying to update the main core files also gets stuck
so it does seem to be some sort of timeout,
i am using plesk on centos with litespeed mariadb and php 7.2.2

Last edited:
testing the file upload which will take awhile but the integrity test script ended with
Code:
An error was encountered communicating with the server: error: Service Unavailable
so maybe its a mysql timeout thats dropping the connection?
will update in an hour or 2 after much more extensive testing

edit; after making these changes, had litespeed process using all the ram, and cpu use was extremely high
mysql showed WAY more processes then id ever seen at once. with 1 table waiting to update (from integrity check) bottlenecking all the rest

Last edited by a moderator:
that seemed to work..at east it said 'done' i admit i did not watch it for an hour to make sure it reached 100% before saying done. uploading vids through the site however still acts weird.. again it goes to 1% to 7% or so resets to 0% than at any % it will say upload failed. often at or near completion.. but not always
it is a new installation of litespeed and don't think its tuned right, uses alot more cpu at times then i expected it to. im thinking that its killing the connection randomly to free it up or something

Tishu

If the upload process is killed there should be something in the logs. Can you check them.
P.S. Its more practical to upload large files from FTP.

ofcourse ftp is but not for a social network
ok
shortly after progress resets to 0%
Code:
2018-02-15 11:25:42.829527 [DEBUG] send_fd() succeed, fd: 58.
2018-02-15 11:25:49.000120 [INFO] [CLEANUP] Send signal: 15 to process: 30296
2018-02-15 11:25:53.220907 [DEBUG] send_fd() succeed, fd: 58.
but then just as it fails
Code:
2018-02-15 11:27:51.810482 [DEBUG] send_fd() succeed, fd: 58.
[INFO] [CLEANUP] Send signal: 15 to process: 28307[INFO] [CLEANUP] Send signal: 15 to process: 283072018-02-15 11:28:02.211143 [DEBUG] send_fd() succeed, fd: 58.
2018-02-15 11:28:14.093656 [DEBUG] send_fd() succeed, fd: 58.

Last edited by a moderator: