Litespeed + easyblog hits & speed performance.

JSW3

I'm running J4.2.2 and easyblog 6. With Litespeed enabled the page hits on easyblog don't reflect correctly, I've tried to remove easyblog using the exclude but this doens't appear to work.
When enabled there also doens't seem to be any speed increase in easyblog.

Is there an issue with this component or has someone come up a workaround?

serpent_driver

If you exclude whatever from being cached it is normal that you can't have any benefit from cache. Regardless of this, LScache caches what it knows. If you add a 3rd party function that generates pages LScache don't knows such pages are not cached, but it would be helpful if you provide us with a link to your page.

Last edited:

JSW3

Link would be www.test.manycaps.com for the home page, the blog is https://www.test.manycaps.com/blog/clause-8-1-the-operational-planning-control-requirements.html as an example. I'm keen to be able to run litespeed with the easyblog component but need the page hits to keep incrementing.

Similar issue on the home page for the module (see photo) where we have a module in the menu showing the latest posts, but the post hits don't reflect the actual number because of litespeed's caching, can this be excluded?

It also looks like it isn't reflecting the page hits for articles under the menu for our blog,

Attachments

Last edited:

serpent_driver

Sorry to say that, but this Easyblog extension is bulls*..... and causes blowing up the code to factor > 100, just for the main document, so it is no surprise that you don't get much advantage of the cache.

Theoretically it would be possible to exclude the post hits from caching, but only theoretically and not with the functions of the plugin.

JSW3

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll just need to exclude it.
Out of interest what's so bad about easyblog? I'm not a coder so not sure what you mean by your blowing up the code comment.

serpent_driver

You don't have to be a developer to understand what is wrong. This extension increases the amount of data that have to be transferred each time a page is requested. Normally the size of the data for Joomla is not higher than 50kb for the main document. Either this extension or any other installed extension increases the amount of data to more than 1 MB. These data are compressed for transfer, but must be uncompressed at the client each time a page is requested. Compressing and decompressing takes not only more time, but also causes load at the server and at the client.

This abnormally large amount of data appears to be caused by inline stylesheets (CSS). Basically, using inline CSS isn't bad, but not with this amount of CSS. As far as I know, generating inline CSS is not a standard feature of Joomla, it must be done either by Easyblog or another extension, which you must disable in any case!!!

Wuhua Chen

Staff member
with cache enabled the hit count will not be updated, but if you are a developer or you have a developer can do some customize job, it is possible.

use ajax (for OLS) or esi (if you are using LSWS, not OpenLiteSpeed) to display and update the hit count.

For esi, find your module include "hit count" in LiteSpeed Cache Component, select it, and then click "render as esi" module, and set cache type as "no cache", or "public cache" with a small expire time (recommend), then whole page will be cached but hit count part will not been cached or will be update quickly.

for the blog page, it also needs add a customized hidden module to increase the hit amount when the page is opened, you also need to put the module "render as esi" and "cache type" to be "no cache", then the whole blog page was cached but it still updates the hit counts.