Litespeed for WP issues

Sorry but we will not post in official WP forums

Installed plugin last night on multi site, caching turned OFF ,

TTFB spiked from 0.600ms to 2sec

enabled caching TTFB lowered
than it cached EVERYTHING! admin pages
amember connected to wp admin logins
admin bars shown to public visitors I mean this was simply horrible.

Plugin disabled , deleted , used directives and now we are told not to use them .

Please either fix this or we will ask license provider to ask for refund for the litespeed and licenses

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
We believe there might be some configuration issue, You should enable plugin and enable cache. The plugin won't cache admin at all.
could you log a ticket with us by providing tmp root login and your WordPress admin login so that we can check and fix your issue?

ah and another issue ,
we have built in CSS compression that
minifies all theme CSS files on wp_enque_scripts 20 priority
and gets inline CSS and puts them in a file on wp_enque_scripts 31 priority

litespeed plugin does not wait for 31
the one on 31 is not cached leaving the page with one cached css file and inline CSS
so only way to utilize your plugin is like this

activate theme compression ,
go trough EVERY page on install ( hundreds of pages ) many demos
than activate litespeed,

yes I have root ssh but would rather not share that
> By the way, admin page/bar never shows on public cache.

please dont not push me because I am over already , seen it last night
tested 5 browsers and it was cached

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
enabled caching TTFB lowered
than it cached EVERYTHING! admin pages
amember connected to wp admin logins
admin bars shown to public visitors I mean this was simply horrible.

Plugin disabled , deleted , used directives and now we are told not to use them .
Sorry about that, our wiki need to be updated, the outdated guide should be removed to avoid the confusion.
The rewrite rule used defeated the WP cache plugin, have every page blindly cached. It is not the cache plugin's fault.
Normally, you do not need to manually add any rewrite rule with current WP cache plugin.

we have built in CSS compression that
minifies all theme CSS files on wp_enque_scripts 20 priority
and gets inline CSS and puts them in a file on wp_enque_scripts 31 priority

litespeed plugin does not wait for 31
the one on 31 is not cached leaving the page with one cached css file and inline CSS
Our WP cache plugin has all the bells and whistles for site content optimization, we recommend removing third-party CSS/JS optimization plugin, just turn on the feature coming with our cache plugin.

Please let our staff to help you configuring WP cache plugin properly. :)

> Our WP cache plugin has all the bells and whistles

Point is we need to present our theme that already has built in compression that works
without issues until your plugin is enabled. Not lying to our customers about it and than using your CSS compression

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
> Our WP cache plugin has all the bells and whistles

Point is we need to present our theme that already has built in compression that works
without issues until your plugin is enabled. Not lying to our customers about it and than using your CSS compression
Have you use any other cache plugin successfully with you built-in CSS compression? Is it done at per page level, create a dedicate compressed css file for each page?
If it is a plugin compatibility issue, need our developer to take a look.

yes, Autoptimize, WP Super Cache and WP Total Cache, but only reason we wanted lscache is to be on server level which now I see is same as all other plugins because we have to install your plugin on every CMS so forget server level again. This is huge waste of time and resources

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Are you using cPanel? or other control panel?
For cPanel, cache plugin can be enabled server wide with a click of button, no need to go to individual site to install the cache plugin.
https://www.litespeedtech.com/suppo...speed_wiki:cpanel:whm-plugin-lscwp-management
If not using cPanel, you can use our command line tool to do that.
You can also setup a cron job to rescan and enable cache plugin for new WP installation automatically.
https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cpanel:cli-lscwp-management

Our solution is built for shared hosting.

You guys seem nice but missing the point accidentally or on purpose. I am not sure which is it.
I will try it again.

Server side does not mean let Litespeed install a WordPress Plugin on all my WordPress installations
because that is what I see on the page you referenced and that is what we did last night.

Server side means , enable cache on the server only, no 3rd party plugins , just like PHP opcache does
otherwise I see no reason why I should use your plugin over dozens caching plugins meant for WP specifically.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Server side means , enable cache on the server only, no 3rd party plugins , just like PHP opcache does
otherwise I see no reason why I should use your plugin over dozens caching plugins meant for WP specifically.
Sorry to disappoint you. That's the only way to make WP cache working properly. We do not see any simple solution that use either pure rewrite rule or Varnish VCL at server level can safely caching all different kind of WP installations. Something doom to fail, badly. As there are some many possibilities, Mobile view, GeoLocation, currency, AMP, ... . :)
We have see many failed attempts that people tries to put Varnish with generic VCL in front of all WP installations on a server, the end results is bad. Many of our customers are actually coming from Varnish based Server level cache. They see huge improvement in all area, and more important, much less support headaches.

What we did is the closest to what you want, with much higher successful rate without breaking WP site. That's why our solution has been widely adopted by shared hosting providers.

Why use lscache plugin over other cache plugins, because it is simply better and faster. that's all you need to take care of site load speed and pagespeed ranking. no need to install 5 different plugins for that. And you can easily deploy lscache server wide. :)

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I am not the plugin developer.
Maybe it requires the other memcached extension. install memcached extension see if it helps or not.