LiteSpeed Web ADC

semprot

Hello.

I have read PDF of LS Web ADC, but i am still confused, so here are my questions :

1. What does it do? Is it a kind of webserver?
  2. Is it easy to install such as LSWS which has WHM plugin?
  3. How does "Layer 7 Filtering" work? Does it work although the visitor access my website using IP address?
  4. Can i use LS Web ADC 1 CPU although my LSWS uses 4 CPU?
Thank you.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
1. LiteSpeed Web Application Delivery Controller (LSLB) is an affordable, high-performance HTTP load balancer application. LSLB is feature-rich, secure, and efficient, offering more flexibility than similarly-priced load balancing software. It directs traffic among different web servers to share the load as well as to pride high availability when one of your web server failover.
2. It is very easy to install and has a similar looking interface. You might not need WHM since you might want to place the load balancer onto a separate machine to receive and pass the requests to backend web server.
3. Layer 7 Filtering is an anti-DDoS protection. https://www.litespeedtech.com/products/litespeed-web-server/features/anti-ddos-advances . It will only block attacker but definitely allow legitimate users/visitors to come through.
4. Yes. You can use 1 CPU ADC with your 4 CPU LSWS. ADC ( load balancer ) will only pass the requests to the backend and it won't be resource intensive like a web server.