Litespeed won't connect to MySQL! Please help! Will Pay!

NiteWave

Administrator
check mysql.default_socket in php.ini, if it matches with mysqld process.

for example, in one of test boxes,
Code:
~>ps -ef|grep mysql
mysql     2334  2287  0 Jan31 ?        00:16:35 /usr/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --skip-external-locking --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin>./lsphp5 -i|grep default_socket
mysql.default_socket => /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock => /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
they matches: both pointing to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

not really understanding what you're saying but I looked in my php.ini file and found where the mysql socket would go but I couldn't figure out what to modify

if someone could give me some insight I'd appreciate it

litespeed is not connecting to SQL.

# ps -ef|grep mysql
root 2763 1 0 22:51 ? 00:00:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/server.kizoin.com.pid
mysql 2787 2763 0 22:51 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/server.kizoin.com.pid --skip-external-locking
root 7532 5813 0 23:53 pts/0 00:00:00 grep mysql
-bash: lsws-4.0.13/fcgi-bin/lsphp5: No such file or directory

(I looked inside fcgi-bin and I don't have an lsphp5 directory)

I've been told I need to recompile php, is that my issue?

It just occurred to me that litespeed has a compile PHP option in the admin console..I'm currently building PHP thru that, I'll keep you posted (something tells me this won't help because I have terrible luck)

litespeed is @ /lsws-4.0.13/ on my box

Okay, I compiled PHP and now I have a new error in my browser when I try to load the site:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

Any ideas?

No. when you compile the PHP, need "Configure Parameters", it should include "--with-mysql". the default one may be
Code:
--with-mysqli --with-zlib --with-gd --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring --with-iconv
add "--with-mysql", now become to
Code:
--with-mysql --with-mysqli --with-zlib --with-gd --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring --with-iconv

I have same WordPress problem / message.

I run that configuration but she give me this error:

**MAIN_STATUS** retrieved from /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1269592595.6.progress
Start building PHP 5.3.1 with LSAPI
Configuring PHP build (2-3 minutes)
**ERROR** Could not configure PHP build
Some idea?

No. when you compile the PHP, need "Configure Parameters", it should include "--with-mysql". the default one may be
Code:
--with-mysqli --with-zlib --with-gd --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring --with-iconv
add "--with-mysql", now become to
Code:
--with-mysql --with-mysqli --with-zlib --with-gd --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring --with-iconv

I have same WordPress problem / message.

I run that configuration but she give me this error:

Configuring PHP build (2-3 minutes)
**ERROR** Could not configure PHP build

Some idea?
please find the detail error message which is in the lower part of the same PHP build page.