Major Concerns

DanEZPZ

I've just gone to submit a ticket and it looks like even paid license holders are no longer eligible for support. When did this happen?

Support response times within this forum are sketchy, as are the responses most of the time.

I can see from this link -https://store.litespeedtech.com/store/cart.php?gid=5 - that we can pay you $1000 per year for email support, but why on earth should we? We pay for your product and the support should be free. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also "Removal from Black List of Nulled Copy $50" I do not agree with at all. I had to phone support a few days ago to ask for our IP to be removed from the blacklist. This was a brand new server from Softlayer and the IP was blacklisted, this wasn't due to me but the previous owner of the machine. I didn't have to pay but I expect if I have to call regarding this problem in the future I'll probably be invoiced.

I can only see this as trying to squeeze more money out of your clients and you're going about it the wrong way. This will only infuriate people, make them want to go back to Apache and you won't be recommended to other companies - you'd be surprised how many other hosting companies I speak to each day and I'm sure it's the same for most others.

Why has this happened and why was a notice not sent out about this?

I've just gone to submit a ticket and it looks like even paid license holders are no longer eligible for support. When did this happen?

Support response times within this forum are sketchy, as are the responses most of the time.

I can see from this link -https://store.litespeedtech.com/store/cart.php?gid=5 - that we can pay you $1000 per year for email support, but why on earth should we? We pay for your product and the support should be free. This makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also "Removal from Black List of Nulled Copy $50" I do not agree with at all. I had to phone support a few days ago to ask for our IP to be removed from the blacklist. This was a brand new server from Softlayer and the IP was blacklisted, this wasn't due to me but the previous owner of the machine. I didn't have to pay but I expect if I have to call regarding this problem in the future I'll probably be invoiced.

I can only see this as trying to squeeze more money out of your clients and you're going about it the wrong way. This will only infuriate people, make them want to go back to Apache and you won't be recommended to other companies - you'd be surprised how many other hosting companies I speak to each day and I'm sure it's the same for most others.

Why has this happened and why was a notice not sent out about this?
I'd have to agree with this.

The product itself is great, we love it. But, if we are leasing these licenses and already giving you thousands a year, shoudn't those who pay for licenses receive some sort of priority support?

As the OP said, if we are buying licenses and not receiving much in the way of support for doing so, we'll simply go back to apache.

Thanks for saying this OP, it needed to be brought up.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We have dedicate support departments for billing, license and bug report in our support system. For license issue just submit a ticket, we will have it resolved ASAP.

The majority of support tickets we received is about PHP issues, or generic system admin issue, most of them have nothing to do with LiteSpeed, and some of the issues has been answered many times on this forum or in our wiki already. And some people get used to get free dedicate support for any problem, they always submit a support ticket no matter it is really litepseed related or if the solution has been publicly available. Even after we clearly state that it is a paid support service, people still keep doing that.

We prefer people to use our forum as the solution could benefit others, and it can improve the overall support to all customers.

For emergency issues, you can always give us a call, drop a email or use the support ticket system.