More SSI Problems: Very low failure rate of includes

AndrewT

Using include file and include virtual is failing at a very low rate. Less than 1% in my roughly 1,000 page loads worth of testing. When this occurs the files are not included and there are no errors reported in the logs.

AndrewT

Seems random at this point. Just reloaded a page with the includes several hundred times and eventually it will happen. Sometimes in the first 50 loads, sometimes 300. Wouldn't have noticed if a client hadn't pointed it out.

AndrewT

I've created a script to do the testing in larger quantities and so far the results indicate that this problem does not occur with include virtual. This is only an issue when using include file. It also seems to occur in intervals. Every now and then it will occur just once but often repeated requests will fail for 2-10+ seconds. My testing interval was half a second.

AndrewT

This bug still exists as described in my reply immediately above. Yet another customer discovered it on their site and I've confirmed it as well.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Can you enable debug logging and reproduce it.
Send us the log along with SSI script to bug@litespeedtech... for investigation.