mssql & oauth

I have a two pronged issue here and I feel like these two problems are related. First I have to setup our server to use mssql, I have php compiled with the mssql extension. I have tried this with a couple different versions to make sure it is not a version issue, so I have tested 5.5 and 5.6.

Things I have checked:
  • I can connect via tsql via the config name set in freetds as well as ip address
  • In phpinfo I see mssql is the and enabled
  • I can start up the original apache install and turn of lsws, then I am able to connect
  • Configure Parameters: "'--with-mysqli' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-iconv' '--with-mysql' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-zip' '--with-curl' '--enable-soap' '--enable-xml' '--enable-json' '--with-openssl' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-pdo' '--with-mssql=/usr/local/freetds/' '--with-pdo-dblib=/usr/local/freetds/' '--with-litespeed' '--enable-msdblib'"
For Oauth, I have the extension in the php.ini file I have restarted lsws and no avail. The default install of Apache works as it sits as well.

Server Info:
  • CentOS release 6.7 (Final) - all updated
  • Litespeed Web Server Enterprise 5.0.13
  • The existing Apache install is the packaged version installed via yum and php is at 5.3.3
  • Freetds is version v0.91
Let me know if there is additional information needed.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
LiteSpeed should work with mssql without any problem.

The problem is still on php compiling side.

An quicker way to fix it than compiling php is through rpm installation through remi-repository ( LiteSpeed repository doesn't provide mssql package).

Enable remi repo for either php 5.5 or php 5.6, a simple yum update will update your old exiting php 5.3 to later version,
yum update php*

then install php-litespeed package

yum install php-litespeed

and pointing the LSWS lsphp5 external app command to the newly installed binary /usr/bin/lsphp.

Restart LSWS and it should be working fine as the same way as apache.

Thanks for the fast reply. I will try going with the compiled version, and see if I can get it rolling with that.

However as a note I will need to keep the multiple versions of php. This is because of support for some older web applications we have running on our servers. I would like to know what is wrong with the compiled version, seeing I am most of the way there. I just need to figure out why freetds and php are not talking. I have run compiled versions of php in the past and have not had the problems I have now.