Multiple Failures with 5.0.5; Can't Downgrade

ShannonA

I've yet to see a version of LSWS 5 that works correctly like 4.2.23 does. A past post reflects my problems with MediaWiki, which has kept me back on 4.2.23.

I just tried 5.0.5, and it's the worst ever. Not only does MediaWiki continue to have intermittent problems with not loading, but I also got an array of new problems: (1) Nothing shows up on my Real-Time Stats [it's all empty or 0]; (2) Nothing shows up on my Real-Time Stats Requests Snapshot; and (this is the best of all) (3) I can't downgrade. When I use the "switchto" functionality to try and go back to 4.2.23 (or 5.0.4 or anything) it restarts ... and I'm still in 5.0.5.

So, total disaster: a broken upgrade that I can't back out of.

Any hints for this, or do I have to spend a couple of hours to restore the machine?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Just use

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/mgr_ver.sh 4.2.23
service lsws restart

to get back to 4.2.23, assuming 4.2.23 was not removed from this server.

NiteWave

Administrator
(1) Nothing shows up on my Real-Time Stats [it's all empty or 0]; (2) Nothing shows up on my Real-Time Stats Requests Snapshot; and (this is the best of all)
refresh the browser. log out web admin / log in, the real-time stats will go back.

A past post reflects my problems with MediaWiki, which has kept me back on 4.2.23.
I can log in the server and trouble-shoot the issue
please PM the access to the server if it's possible.