Need some help with ip baning !

Hello everyone, first of all good night :)

I need some help with ip baning.

Recently we moved to litespeed our vbulletin forum and now we got some problems with some country's and we have to IP ban then however we are looking for better options then baning on the forum since this way they wouldnt get banned in the subdomain ;/ only on the forum.

It's somehow possible to ban their country from our whole domain? or any other way to completly ban ip?

I would be happy if someone give me a light on this.

the forum is www.eurobattle.net

Sorry for poor english,

Thanks again,

brrr

I don't get it. At the moment you do IP banning from within VB, I gather.

But do you run your whole webserver, including your forum, off Litespeed?

If yes, why don't you just use the IP banning feature of Litespeed, which lets you ban users from accessing your whole site if you set the ban in your master Server configuration - Configuration > Server >Security >Access Control.

You can set up access control at server, virtual host and context levels. If there is access control at server level, the virtual host rules will be applied after the server rules are satisfied.
To deny access from certain address, put "ALL" in allowed list, and put subnet or IP in denied list.
Banned users will then get a 403 'Forbidden' error for you whole site.

Banning countries by IP is very difficult because the way IP ranges are allocated isn't that neat - allocations are scattered all over the place, and not allocated in nice contiguous blocks that you could easy block out with one CIDR mask :)

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Banning countries by IP is very difficult because the way IP ranges are allocated isn't that neat - allocations are scattered all over the place, and not allocated in nice contiguous blocks that you could easy block out with one CIDR mask
With our enterprise edition, the IP to country DB from MaxMind can be used to lookup the country code from IP and ban them with rewrite rules. :)