OLS & Plesk: lsws_cmd: invalid conf file directory!

After installing plesk and the litespeed extension, I was unable to install OLS through the interface so I did it manually. The extension registered it and the webserver has started without problems, however, apache still runs and when trying to 'switch to litespeed' it returns:

**ERROR** /opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules//litespeed/lsws_cmd: invalid conf file directory!

Now, I can stop the apache2 service in my server console and plesk continues to run without issues. Should I be concerned?
Thanks

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
OLS wont work very well with Plesk control panel, as it cannot read Apache httpd configuration directly. all vhosts need to manged in litespeed native configuration.

Hi Mistwang, thanks for your reply.
I've gone back to using apache for now but would very much like to know how to setup openlitespeed. I'm using wordpress multisite and the directions to set it up require that I put a configuration into the .htaccess file in the webroot of the host server.
Can you point me in the right direction to switch to OLS from this current configuration? I imagine that if I switch to OLS at this point it will not function since the .htaccess file will be required, or is it really just a case of turning apache off and turning OLS on?
Thanks for you time.
Jamie