one domain working, the other not

karloff

i have setup my server and have got one of my domains working but the other turns up a 404 error?

both ar the exact same
Virtual Host Name somedomain.com
Domain somedomain.com
Aliases not Set
Virtual Host Root $SERVER_ROOT/somedomain
any thoughts on what may be wrong.

also getting the follwoing errors
WARN [config:vhost:somedomain.com] Uid of /usr/local/lsws/somedomain/public/ is smaller than minimum requirement 11, use server uid!
WARN [config:vhost:somedomain.com] Uid of /usr/local/lsws/somedomain/public/ is smaller than minimum requirement 10, use server gid!
and ...
Code:
ERROR	[config:vhost:somedomain:context:/] 'Ruby path' is not set properly, Rails context is disabled!
thanks in advance fo any ideas

karloff

got it, its looking in

Code:
2008-01-08 19:11:05.408 [ERROR] [config:vhost:somedomain2.com] Path for document root is not accessible: /usr/local/lsws/somedomain2/public/public/
where do io remove the extra public bit?

Last edited:

karloff

ha ha, obviously i looked about. i found the VIRTAL HOST TEMPLATE - EasyRailsWithSuEXEC in general.

however i'm still stumpted to findout why on somedomain1 the domain shows fine so must be looking in somedomain1/public and the other doesn't show as its looking in somedomain2/public

strange, both virtual host templates are the excact same

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Just remove the "public" appeared one by one,
when you define a rails vhost member from the template, make sure do not append public to the vhost root configuration. it should point to the root directory of your rails application.