openssl 0.9.7h or 9.8a?

xing said:
For those of you on the bleeding edge trying to use LiteSpeed with FreeBSD 6.0. Here is the run down, summary, of what works, what doesn't, and what you need to do to get LiteSpeed up and running.

FreeBSD 6.0

1) Professional/Enterprise Editons currently are not supported under FreeBSD 6.0. License verification fails due to incompatible library.

2) Standard Edition works with caveats:

a) SSL does not work. Library incompatibility.

b) You must sym/soft link the following files:

Code:
ln -s 
/lib/libc.so.4 -> /lib/libc.so.6
/lib/libcrypt.so.2 -> /lib/libcrypt.so.3
/lib/libm.so.2 -> /lib/libm.so.4
3) You can use the Linux package under FreeBSD Linux compat layer. It installs and runs. However, the extend of how well it functions is still up in the air and your feedbacks can shed more light on this.

i agree on that!

As i said i will using litespeed on a Production FreeBsd 6.0 on a couple of weeks..

If the problem with the SSL persist i will use stunnel to port 443(i have tried that) but as you know, guys, this is a temporary solution..

I hope someone fix that...

Ooops and the signal that litespeed is exiting on with SSL turned on is: 11

hi. I also upgraded my system to freebsd6, actualy i don't know really why, everything was running perfect on freebsd5.4. But I don't want to change back, it's takes too much time :(
If i knew that there would be so much truble with lsws and freebsd6, I wouldn't upgraded.
I get few errors in lsws, like
WARN sysctl: Failed to set 'kern.sugid_coredump', core dump may not be available!

And restart function doesn't work. It only stops the server, doesn't start.

And one more problem, I tried to import old config xml files of virtual hosts, but I can't make more than one virtual host, I get this error:

2006-01-25 11:19:03.625 ERROR HttpListener::start(): Can't listen at address pma: Address already in use!
2006-01-25 11:19:03.625 ERROR HttpServer::addListener(pma) failed to create new listener
2006-01-25 11:19:03.625 ERROR [config:server:listener:pma] failed to start listener on address *:80!
2006-01-25 11:19:03.647 ERROR [config:vhost:pma] Path of document root contains symbolic link or ownership does not match:/home/www/adminphp/
2006-01-25 11:19:03.647 ERROR [config:vhost:pma] configuration failed!

joe

It sounds like did a real upgrade from 5.4 ->6.0 on the same box? Bad mojo maybe. My 6.0 was a fresh install without Apache running.

Based on your errors, do you have httpd running on port 80?