/opt/lsws/phpbuild/phpbuild.1235068196.2.sh: 16: curl: not found

/opt/lsws/phpbuild/phpbuild.1235068196.2.sh: 16: curl: not found

That is the error I receive when attempting to compile PHP 5.2.8. After searching for hours, I can't find a single thing on this issue.

/opt/lsws/phpbuild/ is publicly available -- I've chmod'd the directory to 777 to ensure availability. The file exists, and I am not trying to compile PHP with curl. Any ideas?

Thanks!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please check if it is a permission problem for "curl", "wget" binary.
Make sure to give execution permission to the user that LiteSpeed run as.

Both had applicable permissions set, but when I restarted the server, for some reason I got past that portion of the install.

Now I am stuff with an error similar to the one above, except it pertains to the Suhosin patch installation. Is this available for 5.2.8? I had thought it was, but cannot seem to get it to work.

Thanks.

Please check if it is a permission problem for "curl", "wget" binary.
Make sure to give execution permission to the user that LiteSpeed run as.

After a quick look around, it appears that on creation; LiteSpeed is getting to the point where it has downloaded suhosin and gotten everything working correctly. It fails because permissions on the file are 644.

You would think that you could chmod +x this file to give execute permissions to the owner. Well, litespeed re-creates this file and re-grants 644 permissions every time effectively killing this install.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
For downloaded file, permission 644 should be fine. The problem is in Suhosin patch for PHP 5.2.8, the expanded directory is actually for 5.2.7 .