Optimal PHP Configuration

freeballt

I've tried everything with the PHP configurations and can't seem to get an optimal configuration.

Server Specs:
dual xeon
32 gigs ram
2x 146 hds in raid

No matter what I've tried, either my website lags out randomly, or php times out. Firstly this is PHP5. I've set a memory hard limit of 256/512M. Max idle time 60. Instances 1. Connection Keepalive Timeou 0. Initial Request Timeout. max connections 150/php_lsapi_children 150. Max requests 2000.

Any suggestions?

Hello freeballt and fellow LiteSpeed users!

1. there is probably no easy answer.

You should check your PHP scripts and DB queries. Check how much traffic you get. Try to test if some other similar website will lag out when hit by the same amount of traffic. You could for example test two sites with a tool like LoadImpact (allows you to simulate traffic coming from 10 - 500 clients at the same time) and see if there is any difference.

It looks to me that you are trying to solve the issue on the wrong place, that means restricting the LiteSpeed settings.

2. We are currently looking for a good starting configuration for Dual Xeon with 8GB of RAM. We would love to hear from all of you - what kind of LiteSpeed configs do you use on similar machines?

Thanks,
Martin