php dies during build

I have built php using the same install before and had no problems. However, there were a few things I needed to add and went to build it again and this time it's dying on me. The process dies no matter what config options I chose, even the default ones. I am totally lost as to what is going on :S.

Here is the log:
Code:
**LOG_DETAIL** retrieved from /opt/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1265802095.5.log

==============================================
Start building PHP 5.3.1 with LSAPI
==============================================
Wed Feb 10 06:41:45 EST 2010

Changing to build directory /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1
Configuring PHP build (2-3 minutes)
./configure '--prefix=/opt/lsws/lsphp5' '--with-litespeed' '--with-mysqli' '--with-config-file-path=../php' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=..' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=..' '--with-png-dir=..' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-suhosin'
creating cache ./config.cache

--Removed entries for checking as they made the post to long.....

Generating files
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating php5.spec
creating main/build-defs.h
creating scripts/phpize
creating scripts/man1/phpize.1
creating scripts/php-config
creating scripts/man1/php-config.1
creating sapi/cli/php.1
creating main/php_config.h
creating main/internal_functions.c
creating main/internal_functions_cli.c
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
| License:                                                           |
| This software is subject to the PHP License, available in this     |
| distribution in the file LICENSE.  By continuing this installation |
| process, you are bound by the terms of this license agreement.     |
| If you do not agree with the terms of this license, you must abort |
| the installation process at this point.                            |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

Thank you for using PHP.

Notice: Following unknown configure options were used:

--enable-track-vars
--enable-suhosin

Check './configure --help' for available options

find . -name \*.gcno -o -name \*.gcda | xargs rm -f
find . -name \*.lo -o -name \*.o | xargs rm -f
find . -name \*.la -o -name \*.a | xargs rm -f 
find . -name \*.so | xargs rm -f
find . -name .libs -a -type d|xargs rm -rf
rm -f libphp5.la sapi/cli/php sapi/litespeed/php modules/* libs/*
Compiling PHP (5-10 minutes)
Wed Feb 10 06:42:15 EST 2010
/bin/sh /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc -Iext/date/lib -Iext/date/ -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/include -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/main -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1 -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/lib -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/ereg/regex -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/sqlite3/libsqlite -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/TSRM -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/Zend    -I/usr/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -c /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/php_date.c -o ext/date/php_date.lo 
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/php_date.c: In function 'date_format':
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/php_date.c:1073: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'llabs'
/bin/sh /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc -Iext/date/lib -Iext/date/ -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/include -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/main -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1 -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/lib -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/ereg/regex -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/sqlite3/libsqlite -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/TSRM -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/Zend    -I/usr/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -c /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/lib/astro.c -o ext/date/lib/astro.lo 
/bin/sh /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc -Iext/date/lib -Iext/date/ -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/include -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/main -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1 -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/lib -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/ereg/regex -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/sqlite3/libsqlite -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/TSRM -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/Zend    -I/usr/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -c /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/lib/dow.c -o ext/date/lib/dow.lo 
/bin/sh /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=compile gcc -Iext/date/lib -Iext/date/ -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/ -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/include -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/main -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1 -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/lib -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/ereg/regex -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/mysql -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/sqlite3/libsqlite -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/TSRM -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/Zend    -I/usr/include -g -O2 -fvisibility=hidden  -c /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.3.1/ext/date/lib/parse_date.c -o ext/date/lib/parse_date.lo 
gcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.3/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make: *** [ext/date/lib/parse_date.lo] Error 1
**ERROR** Could not compile PHP

Well, I upgraded to gcc-4.4 and I am still getting this:
Code:
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make: *** [ext/date/lib/parse_date.lo] Error 1
**ERROR** Could not compile PHP
I think I am gonna start pulling my hair out soon :S

Well, with 4.2 it made it past the first error and now it's dying with:
Code:
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
For Debian GNU/Linux specific bug reporting instructions, see
<URL:file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.2/README.Bugs>.

make: *** [Zend/zend_execute.lo] Error 1
I think I am down to the last couple of strands of hair now, but I do appreciate your help so far.

If I were to build the php on another system that has basically the same configuration, but more memory, could I somehow copy the build php over? Also, if that is possible, can you tell me what I need to do to include xcache in the build?

I should add that I am now doing the build via command line.

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Yes, you can copy over the binary. LSWS has option to build xcache together with PHP. If you build xcache from command line manually, just copy over xcache.so.