Question about LSCache hit rate calculation

bettinz

Hi, i'm extremely new in LSCache, and I want to ask something about hit rate.

For example, I've a website, and it use about 40 request per page view: 10 css, 10 js, 9 images and the page php/html.
So, the LSCache hit rate, the first time is 0 hit, 1 miss (because the webpage is not cached, and we know Litespeed serve static file in an efficient way unrelated to LSCache).
The second time i open the page, the page is still cached, other resources aren't cached for the reason above; so I have 2 req, 1 hit and 1 miss.
The third time, I've 3 req, 2 hit, 1 miss (66% of hit).

The curios thing, is that LSCache calculate the hit percent based on all request, like CSS, JS and images, but it's wrong, because LSCache doesn't cache that file, so the hit rate is low for that reason.
Why not calculate the hit rate only for cacheable item for LSCache, like for example php pages?

Not directly related to LSCache, but: can you add statistics for static files server by Litespeed? I mean, how many files are cached by litespeed right now(Total Cached Small File Size and Total MMAP Cache Size)? Is the cache size enough? Is the hit rate low or high? Do I need to increase Total MMAP Cache Size and Total Cached Small File Size, or the max size for each one?
I think a complete statistic system is really a killer feature for litespeed, and this permit to fine tune the web server.
Thank you

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Sorry for the long delay. We didn't have any time to discuss this while some of us were out at HostingCon.

A lot of these features make sense. These are certainly things we see the value in adding — I agree on the hit rate — but they probably will not be able to make it into any of our development cycles right now. We simply have too many other things competing for our time.

Thanks for suggesting them! They have been notched in our brains.

Cheers,

Michael