question about Multiple Hosting

[RESOLVED] Question about Multiple Hosting

Hi, i had a question about multiple virtual hosting.

Suppose i made 5 virtual hosts and 5 listeners connected to that hosts and they have ports such as:

Host 1 : Port 80
Host 2 : Port 81
Host 3 : Port 83
Host 4 : Port 84
Host 5 : Port 85

How would i link them to domain without entering web url such as http://www.website.com:81 and so on?

Because i know that for domains you cannot enter ip:port so any idea how to make hosting w/e port?

Thanks.

Last edited:
yeh but " * " will only work for port 80 which is default port what if we enter port like 81 then we cannot view the site but to put in the port like internet.com:81.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you do not specify a port, port 80 is used, it is on client side (browsers), nothing to do with litespeed or any web server at all.

Yes, but suppose i host 5 websites and their domains are different so can't i host all website on one port and then add different domains in listener?

This is the error log

Code:
2011-02-18 20:24:31.244	ERROR	[config:template:centralConfigLog] Listener [Default] does not exist
2011-02-18 20:24:31.245	ERROR	[config:template:PHP_SuEXEC] Listener [Default] does not exist
2011-02-18 20:24:31.245	ERROR	[config:template:EasyRailsWithSuEXEC] Listener [Default] does not exist

webizen

Listener and vhost mapping looks ok. So what's the problem?

Keep in mind, you can create another vhost say blog and bind to the same listener as long as domain resolves to the same IP (Name based virtual host). Each vhost has its own config, docroot, etc.

Last edited: