[Resolved] Error 502 with LiteSpeed v5.0+ with Cloudflare Railgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an issue with LiteSpeed v5.0+ with Cloudflare Railgun.

If the website is behind Cloudflare with Railgun activated, website may display Cloudflare error - "Error 502 Bad gateaway". I notice 2 ways this error may happen

1. Update wordpress plugins.
2. Page with PHP_SELF post function.

If I disable Railgun, the error no longer appear. This problem does not exist in LiteSpeed v4.2.

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you turn off Railgun, problem is gone?
Railgun agent run on your local server, you may need to add the local IP used by Railgun to connect to web server as trusted IP.
Check any error in error log.

Yes, if I turn Railgun off, the problem gone.

Railgun server is run by my hosting provider. Right now I can't check any error as I already switch back to 4.2.24. I did add Railgun server IP in LiteSpeed "Allowed List" but the problem persist. Sometimes, I also can see Railgun server IP been block by LiteSpeed Anti-DDoS causing my whole website to be down.

With 5.0 or 4.2? have you add Railgun server IP as trusted IP? It requires a trialing "T" like "xx.xx.xx.xxT". It should never be blocked if in the trusted list.
4.2 never have any problem. The problem is with 5.0.

I did not add trailing "T" in the IP. I'll try again & report back.

When LiteSpeed block CloudFlare IP, CloudFlare will show that error page as it cannot get the page from original server.
It did not block Cloudflare IP but only Railgun server IP which operated by my hosting provider. LiteSpeed did not block Railgun server IP that frequently maybe only 1-2 times a day but the error is almost all the time especially wordpress plugins update..

Status
Not open for further replies.