POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time               (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes              (-u) 1024000
virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) unlimited
file locks                      (-x) unlimited
for nobody user .

OpenLitespeed it starts with the help of service and is set for limited tasks/processes to 65536

Code:
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/lsws; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
  Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/lsws.service.d
           └─50-TasksMax.conf
   Active: active (running) since Ma 2017-08-22 14:52:06 EEST; 38min ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 1004 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/lsws start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Tasks: 107 (limit: 65536)
The problem persists for any Openlitespeed version on Ubuntu 16(even different server machines ). The last version that it worked was litespeed enterprise 5. with debian 7
I have very low traffic usage,server load is very low.
In the best case I recieve fork() failed, please increase process limit: Resource temporarily unavailable in lsws logs, but cant be true because the maximum tasks I have seen never reached over 2000,when server blocked.
When lsws blocks Tasks are increasingly fast, and the old tasks arent shutdown even I stop service or lsws.The only way is to kill processes and even than in order to start the lsws server ok is to restart the entire machine server manually.
If you can send me a skype id to send you a temp root passwd and lsws account admin to check ,it would be greate.

I have tried changing any possible configuration for external app and server tunning from worker process to processgroup , but it always crashes withoud any warning or error . It crashes entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
a ticket was created with login details. No openlitespeed core file generated, only web site spinning. seem still a lot of spare memory and CPU. so far no reliable way to reproduce the issue. We may need to wait user to have a reliable way to reproduce it.

I have found the bug. Its about the Default SHM Directory. I was using as path /dev/shm/folder and if folder is not created,even after server hardware restart,this folder is not created by Litespeed as it should be and files SSL.lock and SSL.shm aren't created .After a while server crashes. I have set default path as /dev/shm and now are 7 days from my last crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.