Separate TTL

godweb

Hi,

I need to set a separate TTL for a news page that is not the homepage. I set up the modules that show news as ESI modules but I get always the old news, until the page is reloaded. I'm a newbie with Litespeed, could you help me, please?

Thanks and regards

godweb

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is real support for Joomla. The question I asked refers to an elementary need for the management of a website, but after 48 hours I am still unanswered.

• Did I put my question in the wrong place?
  • Is the question too difficult?
  • The question is too trivial and does not deserve an answer?

I would like to understand more to know what to expect and how to behave, thanks

Regards

godweb

Unfortunately support is very slow. I reported issues tickets over a month ago and still waiting to be solved.
This is worrying, and I think that if a month has passed nobody is taking care of giving you an answer.

I see that an admin has answered a question made after mine, so he should be aware of the unresolved issues. Let's hope ;)

Regards

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Can you provide an example URL which has ESI module showing old news issue?

For Andy's comment, in general, if it is a feature request or bug fix, it may take some time to evaluate.

godweb

Hi Pong,

thanks for your attention. Before replying to you, I repeated and checked the various steps, to exclude errors on my part.

Being the first time you visit the page, you should correctly see the latest news. The problem is for returning visitors.

Among other things, on the same page the cache often swaps the mobile version with the desktop version, even if the appropriate code has been added to the .htaccess file. I would like to have a suggestion on how to manage this situation.

Thank you for your support

Regards

Attachments

Last edited:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
ESL is not ajax call, it will not auto-refresh page, so only when you refresh the page it will show newer news.

Please keep this thread clean and log other issues to a separate thread.

godweb

Hi Pong,

I'm sorry but your answer is not relevant because of me: I apologize but I have not been precise in my description, let me specify more clearly.

The following screenshot was made this morning by opening the url with Chrome in Incognito mode, and the news are correctly the latest.

The following screenshot was taken this morning at the same time, opening the page with Chrome running normally. The news displayed are the same that I saw yesterday afternoon during my last visit, cached. After reloading the page, the latest news appeared, the same as the other screenshot.

Trying to simplify, I took you on a wrong path and I also incorrectly named the attachments, but what I have described to you is what happens. I hope my clarification helps.

Thank you

Last edited: