Setting up Litespeed on elastic beanstalk

Elastic Beanstalk comes with Apache by default. I am wondering if there is a known instruction on how to easily swap existing apache set up for litespeed using the easy swap feature. We are planning on migrating to litespeed, so we were wondering if there is anything available.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
What type of application you want to deploy through Elastic Beanstalk?
Generally, you can replace Apache with LiteSpeed by configuring LiteSpeed to read Apache's configuration file.

So we are currently deploying a python/django application on elastic beanstalk. It's already up and running and we wanted to accelerate it. EB will require me to basically write an installation script for LS to replace the default Apache so I was just wondering if something similar is already available.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Is it using Apache + mod_passenger to manage the python/django application?
We do not have an installation script for EB yet.
And it may require some manual configuration to make django application work.

Yes, it's a simple modwsgi app. It is done by simply passing WSGIPath: config/wsgi.py to Apache server. We are not in a hurry to migrate, I will check back later to see if anything like this becomes available anytime soon, or I will undertake the migration myself in a few months.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Can you show us the related Apache configuration? WSGIPath is a EB configuration, it should be converted to real Apache configuration, we need to know the real configuration used. You can PM me if you want.
We may be able to make it work by simply reading Apache configuration.

Hi I've PM'd you the config we use. It's 90% default EB config, the only difference is we have added mod deflate and SSL rewriting.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Thanks for those configurations, it looks indeed using mod_wsgi for python application.
Our current support for mod_wsgi through Apache configuration is not enough, but it can be improved.