Shared cPanel server with LS Cache serverwide

Hi,

Is it advisable and possible to setup the LS Cache for an entire shared cPanel server or it must be enabled only for certain paths?

I mainly refer to this warning from the Wiki: "It is worth noting that the cache function SHOULD ONLY be used for the pages that are supposed to be cached or cache friendly. Abuse use of this feature would result in performance degradation and/or other unexpectancies."

I mention that there are hundreds of very different sites on the server and there are 6GB total RAM from which some 30-40% is occupied usually (quad core CPU).

Thanks!

webizen

cache friendly means the page content does not change often and worth being cached. if try to cache the pages that change often, resource may run out quickly. for shared hosting, if some sites are not cache friendly, you can not enable cache for the entire server, but only enable for those cache friendly sites (via rewrite rules).

Hi,

Thanks!

But...what about my question? Is it advisable to enable LS Cache on a shared cPanel server with hundreds of sites?

Regards!

webizen

LS Cache can use disk as cache storage so 6GB RAM should not be a problem. The main point is whether those sites are cache friendly or not (as pointed out earlier). If your 'different' sites means some are cache friendly some are not, then you just enable cache for those friendly sites not the entire server. It does not matter how many sites you have.

Well...like any shared hosting server...it has static sites, it has WPs, it has Joomlas, it has Magentos...it's got everything you can imagine except IRC and games.

Regards!