[solved] Bug or Feature: LSWS doesn't accept more than 1 response header with the same name

serpent_driver

As I just found out LSWS doesn't accept more than 1 response header with the same name if headers are set with PHP.

PHP:
header (test: test1");
header (test: test2");
Only the last header is set. Is it a bug or feature or part of design? Any workaround?

serpent_driver

Yes, but we are talking about PHP, not .htaccess. Either LSWS doesn't allow to set headers with the same name or I don't know how to "append" headers with the same name in PHP, but different value.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, PHP, Apache returns the same as designed. The following is the return by your php code from apache.
Code:
Request Method: GET
Status Code: 200 OK
Remote Address: :443
Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 18:46:38 GMT
Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
Server: Apache
test: test2
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

serpent_driver

Sorry for delay to reply. I had to verify Apache behavior first and you are right. But my problem still exists. As described in section "x-litespeed-purge" in documentation: https://docs.litespeedtech.com/lscache/devguide/controls/#x-litespeed-purge if this header is used to purge specific cache only tags or only URLs can be purged, but tags and URLs can't be used together within 1 purge header. Due restriction of not setting more than 1 header with the same name I am in a dead end how to solve it.

Any ideas?

serpent_driver

I've just tested it and can confirm that it works:

2 pages, 1 has private cache, the other one public with cache tag. Cache of both pages will be purged.

Code:
header("X-LiteSpeed-Purge: example_tag");
header("X-LiteSpeed-Purge: private, *", false);