[Solved] CageFS error when upgrading to LSWS 5.2.8

Hello,

On one of our servers, after running the lsup script to upgrade to v5.2.8 I saw this error:
Code:
[...]
 LiteSpeed WHM Plugin Installed Successfully.
==============================================
Error: /etc/cagefs/cagefs.mp file contains incorrect path - /usr/src/litespeed-wp-plugin is NOT a directory or does NOT exist
[OK] The startup script has been successfully installed!
Restarting LSWS
[OK] Send SIGUSR1 to 3662813
Done
Indeed that directory doesn't exist, and there's no litespeed-wp-plugin directory anywhere else in the server. I have removed the line from /etc/cagefs/cagefs.mp now, but I just wanted to know if it's safe to do so, or if I should check out something else.

Thanks,
George

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
Hello George,

It looks like we need to create that directory before adding it to the cage (during install I suppose) instead of later on when we first write to it.

Thanks for finding this bug, I hope to have it fixed soon. Let me know if you run into any issues using the WHM plugin itself in the meantime.

Regards,
-Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks! After posting this topic I commented that line, re-run lsup and the /usr/src/litespeed-wp-plugin folder is now there. I then uncommented the line and ran "cagefsctl --remount-all" so I guess everything should be OK now.

-G.

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @georgetasioulis et al.,

I just wanted to let everyone know that this issue should be fixed the the recently released LSWS 5.2.8 build 3.

You can update to this version/build using command
Code:
lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 5.2.8
Regards,
-Michael