[solved] Custom Logging with Vlogger/ISPConfig

Hi All,

We're nearing the final stages of getting ISPConfig working with Litespeed. The only thing remaining is to get the traffic (access) statistics to be sent to VLogger which is a piped logging application used by ISPConfig.

http:/packages.debian.org/lenny/vlogger

The settings ISPConfig uses for Apache are shown below:

Code:
LogFormat "%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %B \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined_ispconfig
CustomLog "| /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/vlogger -s access.log -t \"%Y%m%d-access.log\" -d \"/etc/vlogger-dbi.conf\" /var/log/ispconfig/httpd" combined_ispconfig
I assume that the Log Format should go into the 'Server' -> 'Log' -> 'Log Format' field in the web admin as per below:

Code:
%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %B \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"
Could someone guide me on how to setup the Piped logger with the same settings as the apache CustomLog line above?

UPDATE: When going to add an External Application for VLogger, I enter the command exactly as it appears in the Custom Log line above but without the Pipe and get the error that /usr/xxx/scripts/vlogger does not exist, despite being able to run from the command line. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking into this further, I found repeated errors in the stderr.log file which suggests to me that Litespeed is picking up the two lines from the apache files:

Code:
2010-12-15 15:05:28.935 [STDERR] readline() on closed filehandle CONF at /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/vlogger line 232.
2010-12-15 15:05:28.935 [STDERR] Use of uninitialized value $DBI_DUMP in alarm at /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/vlogger line 538 during global destruction.
Anyone have any clues as to what the cause might be?

Please try the latest 4.0.18 build. If you use 4.0.18 already, try "Force reinstall" from web console.
Thanks, we are currently running 4.0.17 (Enterprise) so will update to 4.0.18 and report back. Is there a way to force the Web Interface to check for available updates rather than waiting for it to manually notice?

webizen

4.0.18 is not yet turned on for autoupdate as we are still collecting feedbacks and fixing bugs. It will show up in web console (Version Manager) automatically once autoupdate is turned on.