[solved] Litespeed is switching user id is .htaccess is present

Karl

Hi,

We have an odd issue, we have an account, that was moved from one drive to another, with a symlink in place from old location to new:

/home/example -> /home2/example

Folders:

/home/example/public_html -> example.com
/home/example/public_html/sub -> sub.example.com

We have userdir enabled, so that: sub.example.com/~example would load content from:

/home/example/public_html

(don't ask)

Now this all works fine, and a PHP script getting the posix_userid() returns the correct user ID.

Now if we place a .htaccess file in:

/home/example/public_html

when accessing a script via:

sub.example.com/~example/script.php

it outputs 99 - the nobody user. If we remove the .htaccess from /home/example/public_html then the self same script gives the correct userid for the example user.

Any help much appreciated, this seems a bit of a bug. The .htaccess is empty, nothing in it at all. All files and directories have the correct example user ownership.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It is not something can be easily reproduced in our lab.
Can you please enable debug logging , run one test with .htaccess present, one without, send the section of related log file to bug@litespeed...

Karl

So where do I send these logs?

I've got it with and without the .htaccess file present. I can't see anything myself in them that doesn't look right.

I don't fancy posting them here, as they obviously have quite a lot of sensitive info in them.

Thanks,

webizen

So where do I send these logs?

I've got it with and without the .htaccess file present. I can't see anything myself in them that doesn't look right.

I don't fancy posting them here, as they obviously have quite a lot of sensitive info in them.

Thanks,
you can pm or email to bug@