[solved] LiteSpeed need some help

Hi all i'm new here and i have some issures with vhosts in LiteSpeed. I installed version Standard and i want to host my website and a separate forum on a subdoumain.

I have for example doumain.net put port 80 works but when i try to add my subdoumain like forum.doumain.net and put port 80 the first vhost fails and not work any more some ideea :confused: if i put subdoumain.doumain.net on other port than 80 it works like subdoumain.doumain.net:81 but when i use same port first vhost fails

Last edited by a moderator:
Screens

here are the screens note that i use for document root
/wwwroot/doumain "doumain means my doumain see on screen" and /wwwroot/mysubdoumain in those 2 i have cgi-bin, html, conf (permisions 755 for cgi-bin and html and 777 for conf)

How i create new vhost : configuration->virtual hosts->add-for Virtual Host Root I put ( /wwwroot/$VH_NAME/ ) for Config File ( $VH_ROOT/conf/vhconf.xml ) and then create and save... then go to VIRTUAL HOSTS clik on the new virtual host from virtual host list and go to GENERAL and here EDIT-> Document Root ( put $VH_ROOT/html/ ) and save... next step go to LISTENERS
->ADD->listener name like doumain in my case my doumain IP Adress: ANY PORT:80 secure:NO and save....create then Virtual Host Mappings
RESTART and works but if i try same with subdoumain after restart doumain fails see home logs ... any ideea please

Last edited:

NiteWave

Administrator
it's configuration issue.
on 3rd screenshot, 3 listeners are defined but they are same: IP address, port, Secure. this cause conflict. please delete 2 and only keep one. for example, keep only 2nd one:www.empireit.ro

then go to 2nd screen shots,click "Add" on the right of "Virtual Host Mappings", follow the screen and add other domain: hub.empireit.ro

it's configuration issue.
on 3rd screenshot, 3 listeners are defined but they are same: IP address, port, Secure. this cause conflict. please delete 2 and only keep one. for example, keep only 2nd one:www.empireit.ro

then go to 2nd screen shots,click "Add" on the right of "Virtual Host Mappings", follow the screen and add other domain: hub.empireit.ro

Thank you very much it works! Great Team thanks again for your great support go for SPEED go for LiteSpeed!:D