[solved] Removing Powered By ?

Discussion in 'LSWS 5.0 Release' started by ofsen, Jul 7, 2008.

1. XN-Matt

XN-Matt Well-Known Member

Good luck... it has been promised but never appeared YEARS later.

LS is too bothered by free advertising from their paying customers. Bit of a joke really.

One day we'll hope that cPanel integrates Nginx (properly) and well, we know what we'll be doing.

2. Monarobase

Monarobase Well-Known Member

Although I'm quite new to the forum, I've had the impression that things have been moving faster recently. I see posts that have not been answered for years while all my posts have been answered and fixed rapidly recently.

Ngnix is great when running a single site but I doubt that cPanel will integrate Ngnix + PHP-FPM some time soon and ngnix's lack of .htaccess support is a huge handicap.

After testing multiple solutions for a long time, litespeed has proven to be the best solution avaible for our setup.

@Litespeed team, whould it pe possible to reprioritise this feature request as it has now been requested for quite a few years and your current workaround does not work for cPanel users

3. XN-Matt

You're far more optimistic than us. That's all im going to say :)

4. Monarobase

Seems that I was right about being optimistic, the link and legal phrase will be able to be removed in the next version 4.2.3 :)

5. XN-Matt

Just need to hope it works ;)

6. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member Staff Member

It worked!

Thanks for being patient. As of version 4.2.3 we've added the Hide Error Page Signature (WebAdmin console > Configuration > Server > General).

We just needed the right combination of optimism and scathing posts. Thanks for pushing us.

7. Monarobase

Just to confirm, this is working well, thanks :)

8. Multisite.Network

Multisite.Network New Member

Very glad to see that this was addressed! Have been reviewing forums before purchasing licenses, this thread was alarming to read, was beginning to cringe a bit inside that I would find that the issue remained extant... was very relieved to see a direct response owning responsibility for the situation and confirming the issue has been addressed :D

Optimism is pretty awesome, so is Persistence ;)

9. wanah

wanah Well-Known Member

This is quite an onld thread,

Litspeed is now in version 5.01 and has improved alot since 4.2.3 ! :)

10. Druciak

Druciak Member

11. Pong

Pong Well-Known Member Staff Member

Issue fixed, please try again.

12. Gordon Langley

Gordon Langley New Member

Sooo.... I'm with ROCHEN using LiteSpeed and cpanel on a shared platform - where is this option exactly please and can't I have my own 403 page with my advert please?

13. XN-Matt

It's not something you can change in a shared environment. They will need to do that for you.

14. Gordon Langley

Gordon Langley New Member

Ok - thanks for getting back to me... does that include redirecting to a customised error page?