Some awesome path errors from a newbie!

A friend assisted me in installing Litespeed after I ran into some stumbling blocks following PickledOnion's tutorials from Slicehost. Then everything appeared to be working fine! I was really happy and went to set up a virtual host for asteig.com, still following the tutorials.

First of all, the public_html for asteig.com is at ~/sites/asteig.com/public_html with the config files in the asteig.com folder.

I edited the PHP virtual host template to the following:
Virtual Host Root: $SERVER_ROOT/sites/$VH_NAME
Document Root: $VH_ROOT/public_html/

That worked fine. I get an error in the external tab:
Command: $SERVER_ROOT/fcgi-bin/lsphp
Gives the error: *file /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp does not exist. Please create manually.

I have no idea what the /usr/local crap is at all. So I created the folder ~/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp (copy/pasted right off of SSH) but Litespeed still is not happy.

I'm not sure if this is related or if it is just two separate mistakes but when logging in I also get several PHP4 errors on the first page as follows:
ERROR [config:server:epsr:lsphp4] invalid path - /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp4, it cannot be started by Web server!
ERROR [config:scripthandler] Can not find handler with type: 8, name: lsphp4.
ERROR [config:scripthandler] Can not find External Application: lsphp4, type: lsapi
ERROR [config:scripthandler] use static file handler for suffix [php4]

I'm at a loss. I understand none of this. Any help or even a link or two would be very much appreciated.

Amanda

I am still getting the following errors after creating a symlink and correcting the path issue. Any ideas?

I removed asteig.com completely but it's still giving me that error on the bottom.

[config:scripthandler] Can not find handler with type: 8, name: lsphp4.
[config:scripthandler] Can not find External Application: lsphp4, type: lsapi
[config:scripthandler] use static file handler for suffix [php4]
[config:vhost:asteig.com] Path for vhost root is not accessible: /usr/local/lsws/sites/asteig.com/