SSI not working?

ffeingol

OK, I think I setup the SSI proxying properly. I've got the apache server setup as an external app and a script handler setup for .shtml. The request seems to be getting proxied over OK, but it looks like it's loosing the hostname so the default apache web site is handling the request not the virtual site.

Any suggestions?

Frank

ffeingol

OK, I set the Apache Handled Content to .shtml. Should I delete the external App and the Script Handler? I can't seem to find the combination that works.

Frank

ffeingol

Unfortunately it's still a "nope". The request appears to be getting passed to the default host name (the server name) not the actual virtual host. It's definitely getting passed to Apache because there is a:

Apache/1.3.37 Server at xxx.xxx.com Port 79

page, but xxx.xxx.com is the host name not the virtual server name.

Thanks again,

Frank

ffeingol

Port was changed to 79 quite a while ago. It's a cPanel box, so cPanel automagically added the NameVirtualHost line and the vhost containers. We've been messing with the config so much I think we're just going to do an un-install / re-install to start over clean.

I'll report back after that is done.

Frank

ffeingol

OK, not sure what I did differently the 2nd time but now it's happy.

As a side note / question to get everything "happy" I had to delete the default listener. Can we also delete the default Virtual Hosts or anything else? We get a few warnings on startup.

Frank