switching to LiteSpeed disables all the popular PHP modules

Hi,

after we upgrade EA3 to EA4 most sites stopped working, while we worked with our best managed DC in the world (liquidweb) they investigated this issue and replied:
the concerning factor is that when LiteSpeed is in use the PHP config is modified to as follows:

/cpanel/ea-php54/root/usr/lib64/php' '--with-litespeed' '--without-mysql' '--disable-pdo' '--without-gd' '--disable-dom' '--disable-dba' '--without-unixODBC' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--without-sqlite3' '--disable-phar' '--disable-fileinfo' '--disable-json' '--without-pspell' '--disable-wddx' '--without-curl' '--disable-posix' '--disable-xml' '--disable-simplexml' '--disable-exif' '--without-gettext' '--without-iconv' '--disable-ftp' '--without-bz2' '--disable-ctype' '--disable-shmop' '--disable-sockets' '--disable-tokenizer' '--disable-sysvmsg' '--disable-sysvshm' '--disable-sysvsem' '--without-gmp' '--disable-calendar'

notice all the modules that get disabled when LiteSpeed is in use. I'm checking it's admin config to see if there is a way to stop it from disabling them.

and after some minutes they replied:
I have no idea why switching to LiteSpeed disables all the popular PHP modules needed to run most sites. There is nothing in the LiteSpeed config that sticks out, I set it back to Apache so your sites will function correctly. If LiteSpeed does not have anything further for us to try then I will open a cPanel ticket to see if they have any insight as to what maybe happening. I'm leaning more towards LS for this since Apache works without issues.

anyone had same experience? how we could solve it? is it bug in Litespeed?

NiteWave

Administrator
already replied in ticket.

this looks abnormal.
/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/bin/lsphp should match with
/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/bin/php
also you can access phpinfo.php under litespeed and apache, check if they are matching.