tls 1.1 and tls 1.2

Gez

Hi there, this thread is pretty old now, I'm needing to run tls 1.1 on freebsd, I'm on 10.3
but I see the latest version doesn't run tls v1.1 either, is there some relatively safe way of installing tls 1.1 on a server ?
it seems that it's pretty old I am surprised it's not in the latest versions of freebsd, but given that it isn't surely there must be an upgrade path,

I don't really have security issues but a server I interact with will only support tls 1.1 soon so I need some sort of upgrade path

G

Gez

You just change LSWS configuration to enable TLS 1.1 under the "SSL" tab of a listener or a vhost.
Hi thanks for your reply, I'm afraid that I'm not really very experienced at server admin, what do you mean , what is LSWS ? I need TLS 1.1 to work for an out going curl interaction, what you're suggesting sounds like a solution for an incoming interaction, is that correct ?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I thought you are talking about Litespeed Web Server, as this the support forum for our product.
If you want curl to use TLS 1.1 on FreeBSD, you may need to upgrade OpenSSL and curl packages, or compile from ports.