Two Questions: Firefox and how does cache hit miss work

Lee

OK, first. I have Chrome and I have Firefox. Chrome shows a cache hit but only when I refresh but Firefox ALWAYS show miss no matter what I do and it is in fact slower. Any ideas why it doesn't work with Firefox?

Then the cache hit/miss, I'm not quite understanding it. I was under the impression that litespeed will traverse my site and automatically cache everything and will automatically refreshes the cache when something changes or when the expire time is reached - am I wrong on this assumption?

Also, why does the cache MISS everytime you view a page for the first time? Again, I was under the impression litespeed already built the cache so the server should be using the cached version for every time a browser connects, why is this not happening? If a customer has to already visit a page before it serves the cache then whats the point in having litespeed?

I sure hope that someone will read this and understand what I'm asking...

Lee

AndreyPopov

Hi!

to understanding what's happen you must provide:
Opencart version
what version of LiteSpeed WebServe or OpenLiteSpeed installed
LSCache version plugin

what settting of LSCache plugin?

if you use SEO and/or use another theme for Opencart, if your theme usw different view for desktop and for mobile devices?

Lee

I've been working with the hosting company A2 and the made some changes that now allows the cache to work better and be more predictable. When down and working I will post what they did...