Hello
We have a server with flowing details :

cpu : 2 × E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz (32 CORE)
RAM : 128G DDR3
DRIVE : SSD Raid 5
PORT : 1Gbps
WebServer : LiteSpeed

Server Load is always under 5
One of sites is under ddos (100 rps / Up to 1000 Req in Processing)

and server goes down with this number of process (Load is 5 yet), Some users get Connection Time Out

I don't want to increase connection time out, I want to use all server power. :confused:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Only the user account being attacked may experience slowness, other users should not get any connection level error.

Maybe it is caused by bugs in 4.2.5, so upgrade to 4.2.6 may fix it.

There is apache and cloudlinux on another server and while a user is under ddos, that user get Resource Limit error and there is no problem for other users.
Is litespeed fully compatible with CloudLinux?

I can not see version 4.2.6 in version manager. Where is it?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It is being released to public, it may show up in version manager within 24 hours. You can upgrade from command line

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 4.2.6

Thank you very much,

Is there any option to limit VHosts?
For example I want to limit each website to have max 50 Req in processing and extra request wait in queue.

NiteWave

Administrator
for litespeed's native vhost, there is such limits

lsws admin console->Virtual Hosts->Basic->Per Client Throttle

for vhosts comes from apache's httpd.conf, is "CloudLinix LVE Manager" not enough for this requirement ? "Resource Limit" you mentioned on apache is from CloudLinux or another apache module ?

Hello
On another server (apache), Resource Limit is from CloudLinux and it seams it don't work with litespeed.
I must do it per VHost because attack is distributed DOS and there are only 2 or 3 connections for each IP :(

Last edited: