using sendfile

felosi

I was checking out that sendfile feature which looks real cool, I was wondering how can you tell if your system is compatible or not.
I enabled it on my cpanel server which Im not sure if it done anything or not. I guess it would have messed up if it didnt wouldnt it?

Here is the info for that network card
eth0: 100 Mbit, full duplex, link ok
product info: vendor 00:50:43, model 12 rev 2
basic mode: 100 Mbit, full duplex
basic status: link ok
capabilities: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
advertising: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD flow-control
root@cp [~]# dmesg |grep eth0
[ 32.453696] e1000: eth0: e1000_probe: Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection
[ 91.394883] e1000: eth0: e1000_watchdog: NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Half Duplex, Flow Control: None

I was gonna try it out on a vps, Which I dont have no info for network card, you think it will work?

felosi

I had another question, figured I would ask it here instead of making a new post.

Ok, Ive been running litespeed on 2 servers with mod security rules and such, I have noticed the rules working and even made some new ones.
So I got to looking last night and the request filter was turned off in the litepseed admin.
So i turned it on and scan body on.

Wonder why it still worked this entire time with it turned off? Or it just got its directives from apache conf? Should I leave it off or on? Since the mod security config is mainly in the apache config.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Whether sendfile can be taken advantage of is determined by the kernel. It should not hurt even it is not supported by the kernel.

mod_security configuration for the apache vhost is independant. The requet filter configuration in admin console has not effect to apache vhosts.