vary being ignored

serpent_driver

That does not matter. If this script cannot be reached via HTTP, then this script or what this script generates will not be cached. Even if this script could be called via HTTP, that doesn't change anything. svg/xml is a static source and this type of sources are cached by the browser, but not by LScache.

svg/xml can be dynamically generated just like text/html or any other content. Why would there be a difference?

Can I change this behavior somewhere? Otherwise, LiteSpeed Cache would be useless for me. Also, the documentation does not mention there is a difference.

Browser cache does not help: 1000 people accessing the image would still execute the script a thousand times (accessing the database, collecting data, calculating value range, drawing axis, grid, chart, description, ...).

serpent_driver

svg/xml can be dynamically generated just like text/html or any other content. Why would there be a difference?
You haven't understood the problem yet. LScache is a URL based HTTP cache. This means that only dynamically generated sources of the text/html type are cached and which require an HTTP request. However, your requirement is far from allowing you to use an HTTP cache, especially since that doesn't make much sense. The script that generates these svg/xml documents must not be cached, since a cached source is just a static file that can no longer be used to execute PHP. As I've told you several times, you have a misunderstanding of what a server-based HTTP cache, a browser cache and what a static source is.