When to add more memory?

Howdy!

I'm running a VPS that hosts several Wordpress sites. I'm running LS with LScache and the LS Wordpress caching plugin.

I currently have 2.5 GB of memory and over the last 30 days I seem to be using roughly 30-35% of it for programs. My CPU typically uses only about 5% (with a few momentary spikes) and no io usage. And server load seems to be mostly between .1 and .2 (see attached screenshot for graph of all 3 metrics).

Here's the deal...My host just sold out to a new (good) company which charges more for everything, but they are grandfathering our current lower pricing for whatever we have at the time of migration to their servers. So I'd like to go ahead and do any upgrades I might be needing now to lock in that pricing. I can go up to 3.5 GB 4.5 GB or a dedicated with 6 GB of memory.

I am anticipating an increase in traffic (perhaps 2x or 3x) but I understand that Litespeed handles traffic increases well without consuming a lot of resources. So I'm looking for input on where I currently stand with the metrics provided. Do I have PLENTY of room to grow and don't need to add more memory? Do I only have SUFFICIENT resources right now but a significant increase could start causing issues? Or am I already running low on resources? What would you suggest upgrading to?

Thanks so much for your input and any advice you may have.

Attachments

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
I did not see any immediate need for server hardware upgrade. If you want to keep some spare RAM on your server for future, it is fine with me too. Did you use our cache and wordpress cache plugin? If not, try it and it will make WordPress running super fast, also reduce your server resource usage too.

Yes, I'm running the LiteSpeed Wordpress caching plugin.

So do you think I could handle 2 to 3 times the traffic I have now with my current hardware?