Where is the LOG folder?

Hello.
I put "Logging Level" on "DEBUG" in settings page.
But I don't know where the logs are. There isn't any guide for this purpose in wiki. You just wrote this:

Logging Level
You can leave logging off in most cases. It’s handy to turn on logging when you are trying to diagnose a problem. If you’ve contacted our support team for help with an issue, chances are we’ll ask you to turn on logging and we’ll also tell you which level would be appropriate.
Any time you turn on logging, it should be temporary, as logs can eat up disk space pretty quickly.

Can anyone help me whit this. I searched everywhere in CPanel including 'lschache' folder but there was not any log file.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
for cpanel, LiteSpeed will just use what ever defined in apache configuration by cpanel, which most likely /etc/apache2/logs/error_log, you should check cpanel documentation for logs locations.

In LSWS, log settings is "debug" and debug level "none". This is default you have not made any change to it.

Last edited:
Hello again.
I've changed the settings into DEBUG in CPanel. Also for Joomla! but there is no log file in "lscmData" folder named "ls_webchachemgr.log"
What's the problem?!
Please view attachments.

Attachments

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @sonqor ,

Thanks for the feedback, just updated the wiki, please check.
Basically cPanel plugin error message will not show the cache debug log but plugin related.
If you want to check the error about cache, then you need to set/find it from the cache plugin debug log.

To view the Joomla log, you need
1. Set Debug level from lscache which you already did
2. Enable plugin debug log from Joomla. Visit Extensions → Plugins, find System - Debug plugin, then visit Logging tab and set Log Almost Everything to "Yes". Now you should be able to see logs, for example /home/YOUR_ACCOUNT/public_html/administrator/logs which is defined in System → Global Configuration → System → Path to Log Folder.

Best

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
Hello again.
I've changed the settings into DEBUG in CPanel. Also for Joomla! but there is no log file in "lscmData" folder named "ls_webchachemgr.log"
What's the problem?!
Please view attachments.
Howdy @sonqor ,

The ls_webchachemgr.log file mentioned in the cPanel plugin page is the log file for the cPanel plugin itself. It is completely unrelated to our cache plugins (Joomla, WordPress, etc). If you poke around the cPanel plugin and 'scan' or perform other cache management actions the file should be written to at the location mentioned.

I hope that clears things up a little bit on that end.

Regards,
-Michael

Hi @sonqor ,

Thanks for the feedback, just updated the wiki, please check.
Basically cPanel plugin error message will not show the cache debug log but plugin related.
If you want to check the error about cache, then you need to set/find it from the cache plugin debug log.

To view the Joomla log, you need
1. Set Debug level from lscache which you already did
2. Enable plugin debug log from Joomla. Visit Extensions → Plugins, find System - Debug plugin, then visit Logging tab and set Log Almost Everything to "Yes". Now you should be able to see logs, for example /home/YOUR_ACCOUNT/public_html/administrator/logs which is defined in System → Global Configuration → System → Path to Log Folder.

Best
Hello.
Really excited in your support! It worked properly. I've done everything that you mentioned and a file named "everything.php" created in /home/YOUR_ACCOUNT/public_html/administrator/logs in my host and logging started like below:

#Fields: datetime priority clientip category message
2019-10-23T15:13:36+00:00 INFO 91.99.241.138 litespeedcache X-LiteSpeed-Cache-Controlublic,max-age=120000,esi=on X-LiteSpeed-Tag:9698,9698com_menus:103,9698com_menus,9698com_categories:8,9698template:ja_playstore/com_categories/category/blog
2019-10-23T15:13:37+00:00 INFO 91.99.241.138 litespeedcache X-LiteSpeed-Cache-Controlrivate,max-age=840 X-LiteSpeed-Tagublic:9698com_modules:92,public:9698joomla.login,public:9698,9698com_modules:92,9698joomla.login,9698

But let me tell you about a "PHP Notice" after doing this steps:

[23-Oct-2019 12:58:54 Asia/Tehran] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/warcraft/public_html/plugins/system/lscache/lscache.php on line 797

this is in the log file in /home/YOUR_ACCOUNT/public_html/administrator directory.
You may check this error and perhaps a plugin update may be required!
Be aware that my PHP Version is 7.3. This error may be generated due to newer PHP array updates.
Thanks alot.

Howdy @sonqor ,

The ls_webchachemgr.log file mentioned in the cPanel plugin page is the log file for the cPanel plugin itself. It is completely unrelated to our cache plugins (Joomla, WordPress, etc). If you poke around the cPanel plugin and 'scan' or perform other cache management actions the file should be written to at the location mentioned.

I hope that clears things up a little bit on that end.

Regards,
-Michael
Hello. Thank you for your replay.
Yes it's clear that this two are separated. But can you tell me why "ls_webchachemgr.log " doesn't generated by CPanel even when I put LOG File Level on "DEBUG" in CPanel? Is this a problem caused by my hosting provider bad config?
Thanks

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

That warning is report by others, should have no impact.
About ls_webcachemgr.log, do you have any wordpress site on it? If so, do some scan/flush cache or any functions inside of the LiteSpeedCache management, then you should see the log file.

Thanks.
So, should I ignore the warning?

[23-Oct-2019 12:58:54 Asia/Tehran] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/warcraft/public_html/plugins/system/lscache/lscache.php on line 797