WHM 11.40 and LiteSpeed plugin

After update to cPanel/WHM 11.40 I get the following when trying to access the WHM LiteSpeed plugin:

HTTP error 401

cgi/addon_lsws.cgi

WHM is configured to disallow execution of unregistered applications when logged in as root or a reseller with the "all" ACL. To enable this functionality you must do one of the following: Register this addon using /usr/local/cpanel/bin/register_appconfig (http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/SoftwareDevelopmentKit/AppConfig), Enable the "Allow apps that have not registered with AppConfig to be run when logged in as root or a reseller with the "all" ACL in WHM" option in "Tweak Settings", or add permit_unregistered_apps_as_root=1 to /var/cpanel/cpanel.config, and run /usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/startcpsrvd

Will this be fixed in the upcoming WHM plugin?

Just :

# nano /var/cpanel/cpanel.config
add line = > permit_unregistered_apps_as_root=1
save

and last

/usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/startcpsrvd

I have tested it and worked

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Latest whm plugin does register itself, so there is no need to allow permit_unregistered_apps_as_root change is not required.

4.2.5 comes with the latest whm plugin, should address this as well.

DoM

Hello,
i reinstalled whm plugin overwriting old one but no way.

cPanel still said that is an app not registered.

I also update manually to 4.2.5 but same problem.

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Michael

Staff member
Howdy all,

Got the bug fixed. The new version of the WHM Plugin (2.1.1) addresses this. If you force reinstall LSWS 4.2.5 (from the WebAdmin console, or using lsup -f -v 4.2.5 , or from WHM) the new version of the plugin is included.

If you allowed unregistered apps to run as root in your WHM settings, you can turn that off after you reinstall with the new plugin.

Thank you for the bug report!

m

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Reproduced. But, while that doesn't look good, it shouldn't affect functionality. You should still be able to click agree and manipulate licenses.

We'll make sure that's fixed in the next release.

Thanks.

Michael

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Fixed in the new build (2.1.2). You can update with the following script:

/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/lsws/lsws_whm_plugin_install.sh

Cheers,

Michael