Why not install PHP 5.* by default in LWS 4.*

brrr

When installed, by default LSWS 3.* installed PHP 4 for all virtual hosts.

Now that we are onto v4 of LWS, why doesn't LSWS install PHP v5 by default when you newly install LSWS?

The jump from LSWS v3 to v4 is big enough to justify a jump from PHP 4 > PHP 5 in the default setup.

auser

Super Moderator
in our case, php is used in every page but minimum, so we still prefer php4 because of performance.

if there's an option to install php4 or php5 or both during installation, that may be best in user's standpoint.

cmanns

in our case, php is used in every page but minimum, so we still prefer php4 because of performance.

if there's an option to install php4 or php5 or both during installation, that may be best in user's standpoint.
Actually PHP 5.3 out does 4.x by far, even 5.2 was a milestone in performance.

People whom spread false info, please don't. It's been released over the years that the PHP core executes FASTER, and it's laid out into which parts even.

We have scripts executing sub .04ms with memcached and mySQL.

I've just installed LSWS on my server and got this error on my browser:

"PHP version 5.1.0 or greater is required. Your PHP is version 4.4.9, please ask your host to upgrade it."

If LSWS requires PHP 5.1, why does it ship with 4.4.9???

I accessed the admin panel and I'm upgrading to PHP 5 now.

It seems the error message that said it requires PHP 5 is not from LSWS but from the php software that runs my website.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Yes, LSWS should bundle with php5. Every time I install LSWS to a new server, I need to spend a lot of time to compile and install PHP5 manually. The compiler in admin panel always has problem.

A very ridiculous thing is both lsphp4 and lsphp5 in fcgi-bin link to the same PHP4 binary. How lazy is the Litespeed team do this, LOL.

Yes, LSWS should bundle with php5. Every time I install LSWS to a new server, I need to spend a lot of time to compile and install PHP5 manually. The compiler in admin panel always has problem.

A very ridiculous thing is both lsphp4 and lsphp5 in fcgi-bin link to the same PHP4 binary. How lazy is the Litespeed team do this, LOL.
Lol, maybe they have another consideration ... :D