Guest Mode for Open Cart

Germont

I think there are many features and options from WordPress LS Cache Plugin, that could be used also for OC cache extension.

One is Guest Mode. It could help an underprovisioned hosting account, deal with a large number of pages. There is no hurry anymore to preload pages fast, read why below.
When Guest Mode is enabled, LSCache serves a default version of the page from cache for a visitor's first request. This means, for this first visit only, ESI is not enabled, and no cache varies are considered.

Once the HTML of the page is loaded, then an Ajax call is used to load the "correct" version of the page for that visitor (i.e., the one where ESI and cache varies are considered, and whatever optimizations you normally run on your site are used).

The benefit is a lightning fast response time from the server.

serpent_driver

@Germont

If you have OpenLiteSpeed instead of LSWS you won't get big advantage from Guest Mode in Open Cart, because ESI must be disabled on first page request, but OLS has no ESI support. This must not be a disadvantage if you have OLS. In this case you already have a Guest Mode and not only on first page request. Not exactly the same like in Wordpress, but the server load is not as high as with ESI.

AndreyPopov

I think there are many features and options from WordPress LS Cache Plugin, that could be used also for OC cache extension.

One is Guest Mode. It could help an underprovisioned hosting account, deal with a large number of pages. There is no hurry anymore to preload pages fast, read why below.
on Opencart "Guest Mode" of LSCache is on by default :)

Seperate View for Logged-in Users is disabled by default

serpent_driver

"Seperate View for Logged-in Users" has nothing to with a Guest Mode to get the advantage of a different cache behaviour. The meaning of "Guest Mode" in cache plugin to get faster page load is different to the login status of a user that is not logged in and can't be compared.

serpent_driver

"Seperate View for Logged-in Users" has nothing to with a Guest Mode to get the advantage of a different cache behaviour. The meaning of "Guest Mode" in cache plugin to get faster page load is different to the login status of a user that is not logged in and can't be compared.
Additional information:

Guest Mode in OC settings (not plugin settings) and each other online shop application means, that users must not create an account to buy items.

Last edited:

AndreyPopov

LSCache have public and private cache.

public - for all
private - for logged users

Seperate View for Logged-in Users enable private cache and add _lsc_private cookie for logged users

AndreyPopov

"Guest Mode" only means that logged user can use public cache instead private cache if private cache not exist - right?

because private cache TTL is 3600 secs. public cache TTL is 1200000 secs.

serpent_driver

Guest Mode only means that user can use public cache instead private cache if private cache not exist - right?
No, you are completely wrong. Learn what ESI is good for and you will get a better understanding why a Guest Mode could help to speed up page loading time, but in case of OpenCart there is no need for it.

AndreyPopov

No, you are completely wrong.
are you sure?

It takes some time to make these decisions, and then more time to generate a new page from scratch, if one is needed..
A user’s first visit is different when Guest Mode is activated. Before trying to learn anything about the visitor, LiteSpeed server immediately serves a default version of the page from cache
I think. this is same what I write!

Germont

@Germont

If you have OpenLiteSpeed instead of LSWS you won't get big advantage from Guest Mode in Open Cart, because ESI must be disabled on first page request, but OLS has no ESI support. This must not be a disadvantage if you have OLS. In this case you already have a Guest Mode and not only on first page request. Not exactly the same like in Wordpress, but the server load is not as high as with ESI.
I am sorry but you are both wrong.
My understanding is that Guest Mode is for public/ non-logged in visitors. For first visit of a recently updated page, or one that its cache expired, they can still load fast an old cached page. Next public visitor will load the the updated cached page.
Nothing to do with ESI and anything related to logged in visitors.

serpent_driver

I am sorry but you are both wrong.
My understanding is that Guest Mode is for public/ non-logged in visitors. When they visit a recently updated page, or one that its cache expired, they can still load fast a old cached page. Next public visitor will load the the updated cached page.
Nothing to do with ESI and anything related to logged in visitors.
No, you only get the advantage of Guest Mode if you understand what the advantage of Guest Mode is and this is ESI.

I give up.

serpent_driver

you NOT answer for a simple question: what does it mean: default version of the page from cache ?
It means what it means:
The default version of the page from cache. A default version has no varies or other settings that could slow down page load

This means, for this first visit only, there are no cache varies and no ESI.
Help for you because you don't know what ESI is and what ESI is good for:
Page loads faster without ESI than with ESI. So what is wrong?

Why do you care about things that you don't have?!