Page timeout when process hung

closet geek

Hi,

When a PHP process is hung waiting for a response from an external website the person that triggered the hung process is no longer able to load pages on the same subdomain they simply timeout. What setting would cause this behaviour I can't seem to track it down?

e.g. the person goes to subdomain.theirdomain.com and triggers a PHP script that sits waiting for input from an external domain, the person then tries to load another PHP page on subdomain.theirdomain.com it always times out until the original PHP script finishes or is manually terminated.

Thanks!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It could be ture for suEXEC, each user only get a limited number of PHP processes, if all are busy or hung, no more PHP request can be processed for that user until a PHP process becomes available.

PHP run out of web server process, web server does not have tight control on it. you need to find a way to have PHP terminate the request as quick as possible.

kc8yds

if your script uses sessions put
session_write_close();

as early on in your script -- just after the last use of a $_SESSION variable

closet geek

Hi,

We don't use SuExec on this server. We're literally the only site on the server and no one visits the site yet so this can't be a problem with exhausted resources unless I've set a number very low somewhere but I can't find where. Any other ideas?

We don't control the script.

Thanks.

closet geek

Hi,

These are set to 0 which I understand disables them. Can you specifically setup the test case I've outlined to see if you reproduce the problem? It could well be a bug.

Thanks.

robfrew

Hi,

These are set to 0 which I understand disables them. Can you specifically setup the test case I've outlined to see if you reproduce the problem? It could well be a bug.

Thanks.
More information about what your site is doing when accessing the external website would help a lot.