4.1.2 Request Timeout when uploading to

PSS

4.1.1 uploads ok (vB attachment upload).
4.1.2: does not upload file (even a small 100kb file which should take 3-5 seconds), instead you get later

"Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'."

Connection timeout is 30 secs, but as I said, upload should have been finished ages earlier. Works ok with 4.1.1 which I reverted to until this is solved.

I do not want to raise timeout.

anewday

That's why I wait a while before upgrading when a new version comes out. The auto update is enabled, should turn it off like on the previous versions until there are no serious issues.

Realizing it's a total noob question but if I hit "force-reinstall" in the admin won't it:
1. just go and re-install the already downloaded version?
2. Reset all of my settings, vhosts and info?

Thanks!

webizen

1. force-reinstall will re-install the already downloaded version with the latest build.
2. all your existing configurations (including settings, vhosts info) will be preserved.

PSS

4.1.2 update packages are available now.
I say this again: having version 1.2.3 bugfixed and release it as 1.2.3 is very BAD PRACTICE. I really do want to know that there is a new version without having to check all details in these forums, and I do not want to use command like "force REINSTALL" on a live site.

What an earth is the problem with a new version number for every changed update????