[Resolved] PHP 5.5.6 Install Fails on APC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonA

I've been trying to upgrade to PHP 5.5.6 from 5.3.6 using the built-in PHP install.

I'm using this flags:
'--with-mysql' '--with-mysqli' '--with-curl' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-png-dir=/usr/lib' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-iconv' '--with-litespeed' '--with-pdo' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--with-pdo-sqlite'
With PHP Mail Header Patch, APC, and pecl/memcache also checked.

I get through the main PHP build, then I get these errors on the APC build:
cc -I. -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9 -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/include -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/main -I/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9 -I/opt/lsws/lsphp5/include/php -I/opt/lsws/lsphp5/include/php/main -I/opt/lsws/lsphp5/include/php/TSRM -I/opt/lsws/lsphp5/include/php/Zend -I/opt/lsws/lsphp5/include/php/ext -I/opt/lsws/lsphp5/include/php/ext/date/lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/apc_zend.o
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c: In function 'apc_get_zval_ptr':
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c:62: error: 'zend_execute_data' has no member named 'Ts'
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c:64: error: 'zend_execute_data' has no member named 'Ts'
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c:67: error: 'zend_execute_data' has no member named 'CVs'
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c: In function 'apc_op_ZEND_INCLUDE_OR_EVAL':
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c:170: error: 'zend_execute_data' has no member named 'Ts'
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c:170: error: 'zend_execute_data' has no member named 'Ts'
/opt/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.6/APC-3.1.9/apc_zend.c:171: error: 'zend_execute_data' has no member named 'Ts'
make: *** [apc_zend.lo] Error 1
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ShannonA

Yep, looks like that might be the case. Sigh. (And thanks for looking into it.)

My prime concerns are security and efficiency because we have a large site with heavily used PHP scripts (vBulletin mostly). Any suggestions for best way forward? Stay with 5.3.X? Go with 5.5.X with some other add-on for PHP caching?

ShannonA

So I tried recompiling with XCache, just checking the handy little "XCache" plug-in button and now when I called up phpinfo for my brand-new PHP 5.5.6 it doesn't show up.

Did I miss something else that needs to be done to install XCache? Or is it visible in some other way?

Thanks.

NiteWave

Administrator
please check if
extension=xcache.so
in php.ini

to be compatible with php 5.5, cache 3.1.0 is required per xcache website.

just now I tried lastest lsws 4.2.6 and complied lsphp-5.5.6 + xcache 3.1.0 successfully. xcache version is 3.1.0 when check "XCache"

you can try on command line
/usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.5.6 -i
see if any abnormal.

ShannonA

No problems. Just needed to be included as you said.

I'm having some concerns about the performance of 5.5 with XCache vs. 5.3 with APC, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

eva2000

my experience also show that APC 3.1.9(latest stable version) is working well with php 5.3.x but not with php 5.4.x

maybe we should add note to the php build screen about this change.
You need newer APC version than 3.1.9. For PHP 5.3 and 5.4 I use APC 3.1.13 works fine for me. For PHP 5.5 APC 3.1.15-dev is only version that works for me with PHP 5.5.x. Unfortunately APC SVN trunk seems to no longer exist. But I have a saved copy I use of APC 3.1.15-dev renamed as APC 3.1.13 tarball.

You need newer APC version than 3.1.9. For PHP 5.3 and 5.4 I use APC 3.1.13 works fine for me. For PHP 5.5 APC 3.1.15-dev is only version that works for me with PHP 5.5.x. Unfortunately APC SVN trunk seems to no longer exist. But I have a saved copy I use of APC 3.1.15-dev renamed as APC 3.1.13 tarball.
Hi eva2000,
I have a problem , I tried to install the files that you posted but it does not work , I need to install version APC 3.1.15-dev with PHP APC Centos 6 .
You can help me?

Thanks

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.