4.0 RC1 release

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
running 4.0rc1 on x86-32bit, I see that >2GB files are still returning 404, do I need to do something to enable large file support?
Large file support was not enabled for standard edition, if you use standard, please download the package again. it should be enabled now, lscgid problem should be fixed as well.

I found what I believe to be a new bug. My server had webmin, and when I tried to load the apache config the litespeed server would never restart. I would click restart and it would never come back up, I would have to restore the old settings then do a manual restart. When I downgraded back down to 3.3.24 it worked fine.

Thanks,
Alex

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I found what I believe to be a new bug. My server had webmin, and when I tried to load the apache config the litespeed server would never restart. I would click restart and it would never come back up, I would have to restore the old settings then do a manual restart. When I downgraded back down to 3.3.24 it worked fine.
Please send more information to bug (AT) litespeed ... ,
we need a copy of the httpd.conf and all configuration files included to reproduce the problem in our lab.

sip

Following Custom Error pages which work on Apache doesn't work on V4.xRC:

ErrorDocument 400 /error.php?400
ErrorDocument 401 /error.php?401
ErrorDocument 403 /error.php?403
ErrorDocument 404 /error.php?404
ErrorDocument 500 /error.php?500

This is e107 cms.
Would such pages not work?

Regards

sip

Seems the query string part has been handled properly in LSWS already, Please give us more detailed description about the problem.
Server is running 4.0 RC1.
PHP is running in suexec mode.
The custom error pages are setup in .htaccess
script running is e107
The error page is not showing up like it does on apache.
I have sent you PM on this showing details

Regards

Just got this message:
Code:
cp: cannot stat `/home/mtuser01/sources/lsws-4.0rc1/lib/apc.so.*': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/usr/local/lsws/lib/apc.so.*': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/lsws/lib/apc.so.*': No such file or directory
What can cause this? It seems that the package is missing some files.

Birger :)

Ed1t: Also the 404 page in the testpage isn't working.

Last edited:

anewday

Any idea when 4.0 stable will be ready? Looking forward to the new benchmarks. Also, would like to see a list of bugfixes since the RC release.

robfrew

Ever since upgrading to this new release, I've noticed that all of the pages on every site have a weird issue. What ever image is last to load, it takes about 1 to 2 seconds before it actually loads. In its place is the normal image place holder that the browser shows until it actually loads. At the bottom of the browser, it says 'Transferring data from www.websitename.com' which tells me it's waiting for the server to serve the last image.

This has never happened before and is on every page no matter if it's just an html page or php page. What could be causing this? Is it a bug? We haven't changed anything to the configuration of the server or the litespeed except upgrading it to the latest RC1.

******** This ended up being a new router issue on our end. ****************

Last edited: